Sunday, September 9, 2012

I used to think that heroes were those people you admire and appreciate. And they had to be the inspiration and motivation to go through with life.
Today I came to a realization that I am my own hero.
I am sacrificing so much and I don't take it lightly. I am giving up all that matters to me, to try to do something with my life and be able to give back to those who lived for me and my brother and to people that are in need of at least the attention of another human being.
Hence why I am so far away from them, to pursue the educational degree necessary to get THE JOB. To be successfull professionally. To not worry about what time it is when I am working  but how good things are turning out. Of course I want to make good money so I can afford being in Brazil at least once a year and have a house, a car, a bike, tv, computer, heater, stove, dishwasher, washing/drying machine, food in the fridge, tools to workout, maybe a club membership, phone, insurance and be able to travel places I have been, I have never been and activies I like to do and want to try for the first time. Not in this order.

It is scary when your perspective changes spectrums. Today I am desperate that I am so far away from my family and friends, missing on so much...thinking if this is really worth my sacrifice.
Thinking about when I graduate, those who matter and I always wanted on my graduation party, won't be able to be part of it. Won't be able to come here and see me receiving that piece of paper that will translate as "You got it!".
It doesn't matter what I do. I won't be complete.

Today, to overcome those feelings, I had to think that I am my own hero. I am crossing boundaries and sawing ropes to walk my way. I'm proud of myself. Even if I am already almost 28 and could of being pursuing a phD right now if i followed the natural course of life...I'm still proud of me.

To all the people that make their own choices and accept the circumstances: Cheers!!!

Now let me drink from that glass and inebriate myself!!!!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment