Monday, August 3, 2009

Keep Portland Weird \o/





Well....to start off this new blog, I wanna talk about something that is really important and means a lot to me.

It is hard to find a bridge that connects your inner self to your external surroundings.

I didn't have to find this bridge when I got to Portland for the very first time...there are already 14 of them. But I could also see beyond the fog after the middle of the bridge inside myself. I didn't know where the hell I was going to......when finally, I could see the end in Portland.

People outside USA usually don't even know the existence of the Oregon State. And people in the USA asks me " What the heck do you like there ? It rains 365 days a year."
Actually....I try to find words to describe this feeling all the time...but I can only use "magic" or "fate" or even "serendipity" (Completely cliche...I agree).

Portland has the right "mix" of a big city and at the same time a small town. It's alternative and kinda trendy. But it welcomes all kinds of people and culture. Believe it or not (for Portlanders readers, if there's any) it's clean, safe, beautiful, calm, green (all matters), polite, friendly and the public transportation works. (Gosh....you should go to Brazil before complaining).

This is a place that I might never go back, but it's where my heart will always be settled. This is the place that "feels like home". The place that makes me feel part of everything. I've always missed something I couldn't find....but now I did. The most important wasn't finding the place Ive been looking for, but finding the best of me while I was there. It's the City of the Roses and the city of all other lives.

It doesn't matter WHAT you are....but WHO you are. Words will never be able to describe what it means to me, there's not enough of them. But for me, being there is enough.

I hope someday I can come back and settle my life there, because my heart and my soul had never left.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Nahhhh! I love this text so much! I feel the same way about this city and I think all the memories we will have linked with PDX are always gonna there ... alive in our hearts! Nobody who never lived here can understand whhy this city is so dear to our hearts ... I love Portland and i love you my friend ... forever =)
    NASH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Najara!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Portland the same way and I AGREE completely with your perspective.
    Keep your heart open for Portland... you might find that "missing" bridge or the one you left behind still connecting you and here (PDX) in the future.
    My best wishes to you, sister!
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minha flor, além de uma mulher ao estilo aventura-romântica, você está me saindo uma ótima fotógrafa.

    Mulher de mil talentos!!
    Beijos e muita sorte!
    San

    ReplyDelete